Here at Hotelcover we are fortunate to have a sister company, PIB Risk Management, which enables us to focus our services not only on your insurance requirements but also on helping your business meet the latest hotel health and safety standards as well as development of risk management best practice within your hotel.
We firmly believe that your hotel insurance and risk management should work hand in hand. Being able to demonstrate to insurers a pro-active approach to risk management and health and safety can go a long way securing better terms for your insurance programme.
The health and safety team work with you to provide solutions which are both practical and cost effective. There are a number of options that can be tailored to your specific needs including:-
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) requires employers to have access to a competent person to assist them to identify and carry out the measures needed to comply with the requirements imposed upon them under UK health and safety legislation.
That competent person is defined as someone who has sufficient training, experience and knowledge and other personnel qualities that will allow them to assist you effectively in your hotel health and safety responsibilities.
If you do not have anyone within your hotel who has the required levels of training, experience and knowledge, PIB Risk Management can act as your competent person. This gives you the peace of mind to know that the risks are being effectively managed.
We carry out an initial audit of your hotel health & safety policies and procedures and develop an action plan based on the findings.
We then attend site regularly at agreed intervals to drive through the plan. We ensure that all records are in place, that they are up to date and that continuous improvements are being made.
Competent Person Support
Where you already have your own competent person we will work with them and your management team to achieve best practice in a reasonable time scale, by providing a hands on approach to hotel health and safety management. We offer a comprehensive range of services dependant on your needs.
Our experience of working with many hotel and hospitality businesses has enabled us to develop our expertise in the typical sorts of risks that need to be controlled. This includes:-
Carrying out risk assessments such as:-
- HACCP analysis for your catering function
- Work at height
- Display Screen Equipment
- Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
- Manual handling for lifting and moving loads
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safe guarding members of the public on site etc
- Checking that plant and equipment such as laundry facilities, dumb waiters, air conditioning systems etc are effectively maintained, inspected and tested
- Checking that electrical equipment e.g. kettles, televisions, maintenance tools, computers etc and fixed electrical wiring are effectively maintained, inspected and tested*
- Advising on the management of asbestos
- Advising on the competence of contractors
- Carrying out site safety audits
- Events and open day risk assessments.
* We do not undertake this work ourselves but we can recommend a Company who does. Please contact us if you would like a free no obligation quotation.
Hotel health and safety is a serious business. Recent times have seen some hotel owners receive prison sentences for not taking their responsibilities seriously enough. We are here to help provide the required level of knowledge, experience and support you may not have access to directly within your business.
For more information or to obtain a quote for any of our services simply click this link or complete the enquiry form on our contact us page.